Alliance Partner – England Athletics
England Athletics is the membership and development body for grassroots athletics and running clubs in England.
- To inspire more athletes and runners of all abilities and backgrounds to fulfil their potential and to have a lifelong love for the sport.
- For athletics and running to become an inclusive sport where everyone belongs and can flourish.
Our guiding principles
We want every participant involved in the sport, whether they are an athlete, runner, coach, official, leader, volunteer, competition provider, facility operator, parent or guardian to see and experience first-hand the guiding principles which continue to drive our work. These are to:
- Put the athlete and runner first
- Encourage high standards and ethical success across all aspects of our work
- Enhance experiences
- Work together in partnership not in isolation
Our key focus areas
The focal point for everything we do is the people and communities involved in our sport across the following five key areas
- Clubs, Club Leaders and facilities
- Sustainable clubs with every club growing membership levels year-on-year
- More competing athletes at all levels and all event disciplines each year
- Coaches and officials
- More active coaches, leaders and officials at every level and every discipline
- Participation – young people and running
- Recruitment and retention of athletes to maintain participation levels in athletics and running each year
- Talented athletes
- More high-performing athletes achieving performance benchmarks in all event groups and disciplines at all levels