THE RUNNING CONFERENCE 2022 #TRC22
The Running Conference #TRC22 Highlights Video Sunday 11th December
The Running Conference #TRC22 Highlights Video Monday 12th December
The Running Conference #TRC22 Highlights Video 11th to 13th December 2022
THE RUNNING CONFERENCE 2023 #TRC23
We have started to plan for The Running Conference 2023 #TRC23.
If you would like to get involved for visibility, product testing, speaker or panel involvement, topic hosting or activations at #TRC23 or any other ideas you have from being at #TRC22 please contact Rebecca Richardson.
The Running Conference 2023 #TRC23 will include curated content built for Running Industry Alliance (RIA) Members.
> Plenty of networking opportunities
> Time to talk together face-to-face, catch up and do business
> Access to “The Business Den” for meetings and work catch ups
> Business services and business review opportunities by RIA Experts – NEW
> Breakout meeting opportunities
> All staying onsite together to create a resort feel
> Opportunity to support The Running Conference #TRC23 with your business
> Many ways to showcase what you do to fellow RIA Members and external audiences
> Pop up discovery spaces (PUDS) to showcase what you do plus reach existing and new industry B2B audiences
> Podium Spotlight showcasing your products and brand
> Live industry podcast recording from The Running Conference
> Photography and Videography at The Running Conference
INFORMATION AND CONTENT:
> Industry expert and shared best practice sessions
> Educational and informative panel sessions
> Specific running industry landscape information curated for #TRC23
> Running industry content on needed to be discussed topics (put forward by RIA Members)
MARKET AND SECTOR INSIGHTS:
> A mix of insights, speaker and panel discussions as part of “The Running Conference Sessions”
> “Myth Busting” industry research and Insights shared, analysed and discussed “proven” or “busted”
ACTIVITIES and ACTIVATIONS:
> Run and Movement Sessions for mind, body and soul led by RIA Member
> Strength and conditioning session – NEW
> Science, research and innovation visit – NEW
> Product and innovation showcasing “The Pitch Sessions” – NEW
> Product testing
> Sustainability best practises
> Re-purpose product opportunities
> Running Celebration Evening: “In honour of gathering”
> Opening evening with “The Speed Sessions” – Business speed dating – if you want to be involved! – NEW
> RIA Members drinks reception
> Celebration of the Running Industry and RIA Members
> Industry fundraising evening
> Closing The Running Conference with “The Reflection Run, Walk and Talk” each year hosted by a RIA Member – NEW
> RIA AAA Time, post conference chat with the RIA Team and one to one time
> What is on the landscape and what do we need to do as a collective to prepare and advance
> Actions for 2024 and beyond
Want to be involved, get in touch here with what you would like to do.
Not a member of Running Industry Alliance yet? Apply here today!
“The Running Conference” is the annual RIA Members in-person gathering meet up, organised by the Running Industry Alliance (RIA)
> RIA Members from the running industry’s different sectors, including brands, retailers, distributors, buying groups, events, media, communities, charities, service and system providers, suppliers, NGB’s and more will be in attendance.
> “Impactful Collaborations” is the conference’s main theme with a focus around connecting, supporting, educating, sharing, amplifying, networking and growing
> The attendance for the members-only “The Running Conference”
> Many RIA Members see the conference as a RE-SET, RE-CONNECT & RE-FOCUS on the past years learnings and looking ahead and beyond
> Head to Foundation Member page to see fellow RIA Members and Alliance Partners attending
The Running Conference benefits of attending include:
> MEETING & FRIENDSHIP: Meeting RIA Co-Leads, RIA Team and your fellow RIA Members and Alliance Partners in person from across the ten defined and identified verticals.
> SHOWCASE & INSIGHTS: Opportunities to showcase whilst in a safe space business environment to share industry insights and learnings.
> NETWORKING & CONNECTION: Plenty of networking opportunities to connect with friends, colleagues whilst meeting new connections and contacts. Meeting like minded people that can lead to support and potential growth of businesses across the defined sectors by having this opportunity to gather and connect as members annually.
> EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE: Gain industry knowledge and insights from shared and crafted content at The Running Conference built for the running industry, helping to update your knowledge, learn, ask questions, promote yourself and your business experience in an environment where we can all thrive together.
> INNOVATION & BEST PRACTICE: Bringing a variety of opportunities into one space to work together to understand, share and how to apply. Looking at whether the way we have always done things is the right way or are there new ways with technology development and application.
> INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION: Absorbing the positive energy, passion, excitement and knowledge from the conference, creating momentum for when you return from The Running Conference.
> COLLABORATION & APPLICATION: Learnings shared from across sectors / verticals of the running industry that allow application and potential collaboration that may not have existed before or seemed possible, a new way to approach and galvanise whilst supporting advancement together.
> CELEBRATION & MOMENTUM: Celebrating our amazing industry, the people, the work we all do, creating a positive environment to do business, learn and enjoy our time together. We all want the same thing in essence and this is an opportunity to nurture and grow as a collective whilst encouraging individuality for a common goal and love of what we do, which is why we all do it!
Huge thank you for all the support so far and we will see you in 2023!
OFFICIAL ACTIVATION PARTNERS #TRC22
OFFICIAL PARTNERS #TRC22
OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY PARTNERS #TRC22
OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS #TRC22
OFFICIAL REPURPOSE FOOTWEAR PARTNER #TRC22
OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNERS #TRC22
OFFICIAL PODIUM SPOTLIGHT #TRC22
The Running Conference #TRC23 Pledge
As part of our commitment to sustainability, waste prevention and awareness of our actions we have instigated a number of pledges for #TRC23 including the below. We continue to learn but these are our starting points which we will work on with RIA Members who are experts in this field, with a view to improve on again for #TRC24 and beyond.
- Choosing a venue that is near the middle of the country for accessibility from all areas
- Utilising re-fillable water stations on-site at the University with supplied refillable water bottles (no single use plastic at the conference) – bring your own or a supply will be available
- During coffee / tea breaks crockery will be used instead of throw-away plastic or paper cups
- Any paper cups used are biodegradable
- Limiting food waste through registration for specific days attending – mainly full access
- Vegan and vegetarian meals will be available, and all allergies and specific dietary requirements will be catered for. Please make sure to tick the correct options applicable to yourself which will help us prevent unnecessary food waste / consumption
- Utilising on-site accommodation / hotels and facilities = both limiting travel and supporting the venue
- Creating a resort style feel and encouraging walking to and from locations on-site rather than driving – everything is within close walking distance!
- Promoting travel to the University by public transport and highlighting how Loughborough has great train links with many main line towns. Travelling by car is the last option mentioned in the travel section, and anyone travelling by car is encouraged to use the free on-site parking at the venue and walk everywhere for the duration of #TRC23
- Incorporating conversations about sustainability at the start, the heart and at the close of the conference, and we are looking forward to our members sharing their knowledge and ideas
- Limiting any unnecessary give-aways, flyers or goody bags
- Asking for any deliveries to be brought with people and anything not used be taken away by the same people
In addition to the above #TRC23 Pledge we want to support everyone’s physical and mental well-being, and we have built in activities on site and time outdoors into #TRC23