THE RUNNING CONFERENCE #TRC23
10th to 12th December 2023 held at Loughborough University
The Running Conference 2023 #TRC23 is an annual gathering for members of the Running Industry Alliance (RIA). This conference will feature content specifically curated for RIA Members based on RIA’s work from 2023 to 2028. The content will focus on areas such as The Market Place, Research, Data and Insights, Health and Wellbeing, Sustainability, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Future.
The conference aims to provide business and collaboration opportunities, visibility of the industry, businesses, and sector, information and content sharing in a safe RIA Member environment, market and sector insights “first looks”, and various activities and activations for the attendees. The conference will also be a place for industry celebrations and looking ahead.
The theme of the 2023 conference is “AMPLIFICATION” with a focus on connecting, supporting, educating, sharing, amplifying, networking, and growing. This is following the “COLLABORATION” theme of TRC22. Attendance is for members-only of Running Industry Alliance (RIA), and many RIA members see the conference as a place to reset, reconnect, and refocus on past learnings and future developments.
The Running Conference #TRC23 is a must-attend event that offers numerous benefits including:
- Meeting and making new friends with RIA Co-Leads, RIA Team, fellow RIA Members and Alliance Partners from different verticals in a safe business space and friendly environment.
- Showcasing your business and gaining first look at various valuable insights into the industry in a supportive atmosphere.
- Plenty of opportunities for networking and making new connections with like-minded people to potentially support and grow your business.
- Learning and updating your knowledge on the industry with shared and crafted content specifically designed for the running industry, in an environment where everyone can thrive together.
- Exploring new innovations and sharing best practices to improve your business with the latest information, education, technology and developments.
- Getting inspired and motivated by the positive energy, passion, excitement and knowledge shared at the conference, creating momentum for your business when you return.
- Collaborating with others in the industry and potentially finding new ways to approach and galvanise your business, supporting advancement together.
- Celebrating the amazing industry, the people, and the work we all do, in a positive and fun environment. We all share the same love for what we do, which is why we attend The Running Conference.
RIA Members from the running industry’s different sectors, including brands, retailers, distributors, buying groups, events, media, communities, charities, service and system providers, suppliers, NGB’s and more will be in attendance. Attending the conference is a great opportunity to connect with the industry, gain new knowledge and first look at insights and grow your business while having a good time!
Want to be involved, get in touch here with what you would like to do. Not a member of Running Industry Alliance yet? Apply here today!
If you are a member of RIA and would like to attend, head to the Foundation Member page to see who else will be attending. If you would like to get involved with additional visibility options, product testing, speaker or panel involvement, topic round table hosting, or activations at #TRC23, or have any other ideas, you can contact Rebecca Richardson.
We are excited to announce that The Running Conference has grown so much that we’re now moving it to its own dedicated website. This will allow us to provide even more information and resources for our attendees. If you have any questions or would like more information about the move, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! firstname.lastname@example.org
The Running Conference #TRC23 Pledge
We at #TRC23 are committed to sustainability, waste prevention, and environmental awareness, and we have established several pledges to ensure we achieve this goal. These are our initial starting points, and we plan to improve upon them for future events in collaboration with RIA Members who are experts in this field.
#TRC23 Pledges Include:
- Choosing a central location accessible to everyone
- Providing access to refillable water stations and issuing refillable water bottles, thereby eliminating single-use plastics at the conference
- Using crockery instead of disposable cups during coffee and tea breaks, and biodegradable cups where necessary
- Reducing food waste by offering catering options for specific days attending, and catering to specific dietary requirements including offerings of Vegan and Vegetarian al all meal times
- Encouraging walking rather than driving around the venue, which is designed like a resort to make this possible
- Promoting public transport to the venue and offering free on-site parking for those who must drive
- Incorporating discussions about sustainability throughout the conference
- Minimising giveaways, flyers, and goody bags, and asking attendees to bring and take any unused materials with them
- Prioritising physical and mental well-being by including many outdoor activities during the conference and plenty of breaks
We look forward to continually improving our environmental impact for future events.
Other RIA Member Events:
The RIA Spring Gathering 19th April 2023
Beautiful evening at Red Bull LONDON for The Running Industry Alliance (RIA) Spring Gathering 2023 hosted by Red Bull, Wings For Life and Wings For Life World Run.